For the long run, PSMC has taken the management policy of effective resource reuse and proper disposal, and has considered industrial waste reduction and sustainable use of resources as the main treatment methods.
200 mm-wafer factory:
- In 2018, the amount of hazardous waste generated by the foundry wafer products was 0.004 Kg / cm2, a decrease of 3.3% from 2017.
- The overall waste recovery rate was 74.7% in 2018, an increase of 5.4% over 2017.
- Total resource waste recycling costs increased by 0.6% in 2018 compared with 2017.
- The total waste generated in 2018 is 2,829 tons (excluding resource recovery), and the capacity expansion is 16% higher than that in 2017.
- In 2018, the amount of hazardous waste generated by the foundry wafer products was 0.0039 Kg / cm2, an increase of 29.2% compared with 2017. The main reason is that the organic solvent waste liquid was changed from general to hazardous wastes in the control specifications to raise standards and optimize management.
- The overall waste recovery rate in 2018 was 81.2%, an increase of 4.9% over 2017.
- Total resource waste recycling costs increased by 6.6% in 2018, compared to 2017.
- Overall waste production in 2018 was 11,838 Ton (excluding resource recovery), a decrease of 1.7% from 2017.