Powerchip Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp.(PSMC) is a professional wafer manufacturing company, adhering to the business philosophy of all-round safety, health and environmental protection management and sharing profits with its employees, customers and the society; while continuing environmental protection, green production, circular economy promotion, and continuous employee safety and health improvement. A safe working environment and the prevention of occupational injury and disease is applied to all aspects in the company, including but not limited to design, research and development, procurement, production and operation, equipment component maintenance and development, facility construction, logistics and distribution, and product service processes. This has become a part of the company's corporate social responsibility.
We firmly believe that through the implementation of the environmental safety and health management system, we can continue to communicate and negotiate with stakeholders such as employees, customers, contractors, suppliers, outsourcers and the general public to jointly promote zero-disaster, environmentally sustainable development, and achieve corporate goals: with the ultimate goal of sustainable operation.
PSMC promises to abide by the following concepts and guidelines to create a better quality of living environment for employees and the society:
- All managers are committed to providing the necessary resources and implementing and improving daily safety management practices to ensure the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the management system.
- Comply with or even exceed domestic environmental protection, safety and health regulations and other relevant international norms.
- The protection of the environment, promotion of physical and mental health, prevention of foreseeable danger, and control of losses are the direct responsibilities of all employees.
- In response to the issues of climate change mitigation and adaptation and sustainable resource use, we will assess related risks and opportunities, implement energy conservation and carbon reduction, improve water resources and waste management performance, and reduce impacts related to extreme climate, environmental safety and health.
- Actively participate in environmental and ecological conservation activities for the protection and sustainable development of biodiversity.
- Conduct due diligence on environment-related issues and fully disclose them before investment decisions such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Promote EHS education and advocacy to ensure employees understand the impact of their work activities on EHS.
- Continually review and enhance the effectiveness of environmental safety and health management.